Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chopped


On the day of prom, my hairstylist took one look at my long locks and said, "I'm going to have to cut some of this if you don't want to be waiting here for hours while your hair curls!" I was thinking about getting a haircut to help me cope with the hot and humid days of summer, but I wanted to keep the length for prom. But since I was getting a side bun anyway, I thought, why not? It's time for a change. I hadn't gotten my hair cut in more than a year! Here's the end result...


This photo was taken at my senior luncheon a few weeks ago. 

And here's a clearer picture of the outfit I was wearing for the luncheon:
This photo was taken at an awards breakfast for a scholarship I received earlier that month. I liked the outfit so much it had to be repeated!

Outfit details: Dress: Darling via T.J. Maxx / Belt: Store in China / Necklace: Forever 21 / Sandals: Franco Sarto 

I love how this necklace, a gift from one of my best friends, matches everything - it's the perfect accessory to dress up or down any outfit. This dress was an amazing bargain find at T.J. Maxx. I love the retro yet elegant fit and the timeless floral pattern. The colors suit my skin tone well! 

It's been fun finding ways to style my shorter (and undeniably more comfortable in the summer) hair. Sometimes, a little change is necessary. 

Hope you're having a fantastic day! Happy Fourth of July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment