Monday, May 13, 2013

Pastel Pairing and Arm Parties

I had wanted to wear pastels in an outfit, inspired by all the cute spring lookbooks I've been seeing! Pastels are so feminine and sweet. I put together this sweater, hand knit by my extraordinarily talented grandmother, and these mint pants. I've had this sweater for ages (literally: think elementary school) but it amazingly still fits me. It's super comfortable and every time I wear it, I think of my grandmother. To keep the outfit from being too colorful, I wore a white neutral shirt. I also played up on the arm party trend with a mix of handmade, gifted and store-bought bracelets! 


Outfit details: Top: Gap / Sweater: Handmade by my grandmother! / Pants: American Eagle / Necklace: Forever 21 / Shoes: Sperry 



The arm parties:

From bottom to top: Vivabeads bracelet, Handmade friendship bracelet (braided rainbow and navy nylon embroidery thread with a chain from a necklace), Citizen watch (gifted)

From bottom to top: Handmade friendship bracelet following this pattern (made it last summer!), Gold bracelet gifted from my mom, Jade bracelet (used to be my mom's)

I love making friendship bracelets and I'm looking forward to making more this summer!


My outfit reminds me of these cute and delicious looking macarons:
Image from Krista Palmu


Let's make today a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment