Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bohemian

Rather than my usual more preppy-casual look, this time I went for a more bohemian style, featuring a handmade bracelet. I made this bracelet in 6th grade, but I still wear it from time to time. I usually don't like to wear bracelets, but this one matched so well with my shirt that I had to put it on. The gold bracelet is a gift from my mother, from a long time ago too - I don't even remember when she gave it to me! I usually like to keep my old jewelry and I tend not to purchase new jewelry for myself because I'm quite picky about what kind of jewelry I wear. Thankfully, people love giving me jewelry for gifts  :) 


Outfit details: Shirt: Truth via TJMaxx / Tank (worn underneath): American Eagle / Leggings: Aerie / Boots: Luxury Rebel / Necklace: Kiosk at Disneyland / Bracelets: DIY and gifted / Earrings: Urban Outfitters 

Unlike Xuewei, who likes neon, I tend to gravitate toward more earth tones. This outfit is a great example of that. I also find that the black leggings and black boots combination works well for my tall figure. Tunics are hard to find, so you can imagine how happy I was to find this at TJMaxx. I really like the selection of casual tops at TJMaxx. 


This hairstyle worked with hair that had a little bit of texture from it. I made braids on each side to highlight these pretty chandelier earrings! 


Detailed picture of the earrings and bracelets I wore with this outfit.

I tried something the other day while I was on a jog - I tried to spread a good feeling by smiling and saying good afternoon or hello to every person I passed. I visited an old friend and had a chat. On the way home, I talked to the crossing guards at my elementary/middle school (it was combined) who I remembered from when I attended that school. It made me feel really amazing to greet people and hope that I passed on some positivity to them. Try this out today or tomorrow and see how it makes you feel! 




No comments:

Post a Comment