Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Maxi Skirt



Maxi Skirt: Forever21

 I used to think that short girls couldn't wear maxi skirts, that despite what all those fashion blogs said about maxi being for everyone, it just would not look right on me. I guess I never realized though that the material of the maxi plays a HUGE role. Heavy, knit maxi skirts will definitely drag your figure down if you're short whereas the one I'm wearing, a light, slightly sheer chiffon one, can elongate your legs and make you seem ethereal.

Maxi skirts can also be worn in a variety of ways, either at the waist (the smallest part) or at the hips. I prefer the look of the maxi skirt sitting just on the hips because I think it looks more laid-back and casual, but it's harder to pull off if you're short in my opinion.

I paired my maxi skirt with a chambray button up which I tied up at the bottom so my legs look even longer with the maxi skirt sitting at my waist. I actually think the outfit looks great with a bit of stomach showing, but since I can't wear that to school, I tied the shirt a little lower and pulled the skirt a little higher.

As a 5ft tall girl, I needed heels so the maxi skirt wouldn't drag on the ground, but I think that the heels just made my legs seem even longer. Look at the picture...it's kind of ridiculous!



As you can see, the skirt is sheer in the sunlight.

Since coral goes well with gold, I paired some gold bangles.

So after receiving many compliments on my outfit, I think I've changed my mind about maxi skirts. They're so comfy and just make the outfit so laid-back and California casual. Plus when I'm wearing it and the wind blows it around, I just feel like a goddess.




No comments:

Post a Comment