Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Changes and Garden

After a long year of school, it's summertime! This summer, I'm a camp counselor at a summer camp for gifted and talented children. As such, I'll be dressed in a camp shirt and comfortable shorts, so not exactly style blog material. Not to worry - I will still be documenting outfits for weekend events and style tips. I'll be posting more recipes now that I have more time on my hands to try out new ingredients and work on my garden. Yes, that's right! I have a gorgeous little garden. Here's some photos that were taken a month ago. I have pepper, tomato, basil, Chinese onion and eggplant. I've used some of the basil already and it tastes so good fresh! 

My dad and I built the garden together by the shade of a tree in our backyard. It's nice because it still gets a lot of sun and while I'm working, I can retreat to the shade. We bought a 4 x 4 foot box and put in some garden soil. We added posts in each of the four corners and wrapped chicken wire around them to help keep out animals. Two pieces of chicken wire meet together in some of the corners so that the "gate" can be pulled aside so I can work on the garden. It's been pretty warm lately so I haven't had a chance to work on it, but I'm definitely looking forward to helping my dad in the future. He knows a lot more about gardening than I do, but I'm always happy to learn something new. 



I'll keep you posted on the progress of my garden! Hope you're having a lovely day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment