Friday, February 15, 2013

Becoming a lady

Beautiful, right?

        One look and you can see that this snapshot captures the essence of being a lady. Simply elegant, beautifully refined, the lady in the picture glows and radiates. When I found this on Pinterest the other day, I started to wonder if I could ever be so graceful and lovely. In fact, I wondered  if I could ever be a lady. 
         As a seventeen-year-old girl, I've just left the depths of the awkward, unmentionable years in every person's life. Mysteriously, all evidence of that period has been destroyed. Photos have disappeared, cheesy journal entries have been ripped out and hidden. My obsessive collection of Kpop merchandise on my shelf has been replaced with an ever-growing collection of makeup and jewelry. Gone are the simple hoodies and t-shirts that I threw on without care each morning. Instead, they've been replaced by sheer blouses and high-waisted jeans. I'm moving on and I'm never looking back (or at least until the embarrassment of those years has faded). 
         Now, I'm confronted with a different scene. Adulthood. A land of independence, responsibility, and bills?!? In these coming years, from finding my own style to finding my own path, I'll have a lot to learn. But luckily, I won't be alone.
         Together with Michelle, I will document my journey as I explore the ins-and-outs of fashion, makeup, and everything else while navigating the path to becoming a lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment