Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Style has nothing to do with fashion

This weekend I was away on a college visit but I had time to style my first outfit featured in this blog. My style philosophy has always been about a balance of colors and comfort. I tend to lean toward classic styles rather than trendy ones, and find that certain pieces have become staples in my closet. Take this dress, for example. Guess when I got it? Seventh grade, for a semiformal dance. I love the tunic length, which lengthens my legs; the 3/4 sleeves, which don't cut my long arms off in an awkward place like so many dresses I've tried on, and the babydoll shape, which is soo comfortable. Over the years, I've found this dress to work really well in casual outfits.





Outfit details: Dress: H&M/ Leggings: Aerie/ Coat: Hollister/ Earrings: Gift shop in North Carolina/ Mittens: American Eagle/ Boots: Nine West/ Purse: Dooney & Burke

Being tall (I'm 5'8'') it can be hard to find clothes that fit me well. Advice for other tall ladies out there: Don't sell yourself short! (pun intended) :) Those shorts may look great on the hanger, but if you try them out and they make you look like you're not wearing any pants, don't buy them. Same goes for dresses and skirts. I believe looking classy should always be a priority.

These Native American-inspired earrings are so pretty. I'll show a better photo of them in a future post - I wear them pretty often in the spring, which is (thankfully) coming soon. I love the winter, but the cold and drying weather can get tiring! I love finding unique pieces of jewelry. I've never really gotten into the statement jewelry style - I prefer small and dainty pieces that complement my outfits instead of drawing all the attention.




This purse was a gift from my lovely mother. I love how spacious yet streamlined it is. I could never carry just a tiny crossbody purse because I carry a ton with me - all "just in case" items such as Advil, tissues, Chapstick, hand cream, water bottle, Neosporin, bandaids, hand sanitizer, sunscreen... Seriously, I should be on a survival show or something, even though I'd probably only last a few days! I like wearing this crossbody on just one side instead of across my body. That's where my height comes to an advantage :)


Here I am with two of my friends. 

I hope this post finds you well and here is a quote for your day. So true! What do you think about this quote? Do you agree or disagree? 


via fixatedonfashion.tumblr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment