Saturday, February 23, 2013

Celebrating Love with Fashion: Valentine's Day Outfit

     Although Valentine's Day passed more than a week ago, I really wanted to write a post about my Valentine's Day outfit. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I don't have a significant other, so basically, my Valentine's Day consisted of delivering Candy Grams at school and pampering myself with beauty day at home. (Hey, you have to love yourself first, right?). Nonetheless, boyfriend or no boyfriend, you still have to celebrate Love day!
      So I came up with this outfit:

Please forgive me for the poor quality!
Cardigan: American Eagle, Blouse: Forever21, Boots: Jessica Simpson

A Close-up of the Blouse
Ruffle details and puff sleeves make this blouse feminine and sweet.

       At first, I was tempted to throw on every single pink or red clothing I had, but the little fashionista voice at the back of my head made me reconsider. I didn't want to look garish or like I was in a Cupid costume, which is what my outfit would have become if I had gone with my first instincts. I wanted to look classy and stylish, yet still have that Valentine's Day, romantic touch.
      Going for a vintage-y look, I ended up picking a maroon cardigan and a nude pink, polka-dotted blouse with a cute collar. The two colors are muted variants of the classic Valentine's Day red and pink. I finished up the outfit with black skinny jeans and classic black boots.
        In the end, my outfit kind of reminded me of this character, played by SNSD's Yoona, in a Korean drama called "Love Rain" (I don't recommend it by the way, unless you enjoy seeing pretty much the exact same scenes for 5 episodes in a row. Boring and repetitive).

Vintage-style clothing

So pretty!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment