Thursday, February 28, 2013

Outfit of the Day

Cardigan: Hollister, Blouse: H&M, Jeggings: Hollister, Boots: Jessica Simpson (Macy's)
These last few days have been filled with ridiculous amounts of homework and tests, especially considering how, as a second semester senior, I should be relaxing, writing for this blog, and mainly, not doing school work. I have a biology test tomorrow, but for the sake of procrastination, I'm going to write an OOTD post. I went for a preppier look today with a collared, sheer mint blouse topped with a navy blue cardigan. I wore a black cami under the blouse to stay school-appropriate. In the picture, I look like I have a popped frat-boy collar look, but I promise you that it was not like that in reality. I hate buttoning the top button on all my shirts because my neck feels restricted so I left it open. Buttoning all the way up also cuts off my already-short neck and emphasizes my round face. I really love the stripe-detailing on the sleeves of the cardigan because I feel extra preppy when I wear it (and it also breaks the solid color monotony of the outfit).


Eyes: Maybelline 24Hr Gel Liner, Lips: Revlon Lip Butter Tutti Fruiti
Sephora OPI: Havana Dreams

For my makeup, to complement the preppy outfit, I went with slightly winged eyeliner and no eyeshadow to really draw attention to the dramatic eyeliner and coral/orange lips. I kept my hair out of my face to emphasize the clean, defined look. For my nails, I had been wearing the baby blue color the whole week through and since I'm lazy, I just left it on.



I'm pretty minimalistic when it comes to jewelry. I prefer wearing one statement piece with each outfit. In this case, I wore these slightly retro-looking earrings from Forever21.

So that's all for today!




P.S. Fun picture:

Adorable, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment