Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Glamour: Pleather Leggings

Chambray shirt: Delia's / Tank top: Delia's (I think) / Leggings: Charlotte Russe / Shoes: Don't remember (sorry!)

Pleather leggings?!!?!

Wait! Before you overlook it completely, take a look at the outfit I styled here with these wet-look/pleather leggings.

I'm not a huge fan of leggings as pants but since these leggings look a bit more like pants than regular leggings, I figured it was okay to pair them with a long tank top and a chambray top. As a rule, NEVER wear leggings as pants unless your shirt is covering your crotch and butt. Please. I've seen way too many girls at school wear skin-tight leggings that reveal way more than should be seen in public.

Anyway, typically, pleather leggings are seen as super glamorous, party-like outfits, but if paired with casual pieces like a chambray shirt and a graphic tank, can be toned down for everyday.

Since I didn't want the outfit to completely lose its glamorous touch so I opted for some cute slip-on wedges that are actually really comfy. I got these in freshman year (ahh so long ago!) and I just remember teetering in them during the last day of school with a short skirt, thinking I was super cool. Oh boy. Thank goodness I've changed.


Earrings: Charlotte Russe

For jewelry, I went with gold bangles and these cute hoop earrings. For some reason, hoop earrings always seem kinda "bad girl" like. Ever heard of the saying, "Hold ma hoops!"?



No comments:

Post a Comment