Thursday, May 23, 2013

LWD: Little White Dress

Dress: Charlotte Russe / Shoes: Guess (Macy's)

So if you haven't already gotten the message enough, here it is again: LWDs are IN! LBDs were all the rage (and still are classic pieces) but for this spring season, little white dresses are the trend.

I absolutely love them.

White is a much better contrast against my tan skin tone than black, which can make me seem rather dark and gloomy at times. Also, white dresses are just automatically associated with purity and innocence, like standing in a  field of flowers. Black dresses are more sexy and seductive...something that's not easy for me to pull off unfortunately.

To style my LWD, which has cute crochet detailing on the front and along the hem, I paired it with a brown belt to accentuate the waist and also break up the otherwise monotonous white. For shoes, I went with my brown gladiators to match the belt. Also, I went with gold-toned jewelry.

Awkward picture, but you can still see the back :)

The back of this dress is its highlight as it has a deep v-shaped plunge. Ordinarily I would wear it with perhaps a neon or black bandeau, but since we must remain appropriate for school :P, I went with a black cami.


Charm bracelet and gold/copper bracelets

Cute gold and turquoise leaf earrings for that pop of color!



No comments:

Post a Comment