Friday, May 10, 2013

The Art of Layering: Pattern Play

I wore this outfit on a day when the weather was simply wonderful - not too hot or cold, and a slight breeze...It was one of those days where you can close your eyes, relax, and release all your thoughts. 

For a day like this, I wanted to wear something relaxed and comfortable. I chose this grey floral dress and added a printed belt to define my waist. On top of the dress, I added a green cardigan. The patterns in the dress and belt work together because they are both understated. If I'm mixing patterns, I try to keep only one as the focus. In this outfit, the dress is the focus, and the belt, which has thin stripes, is an accent pice. The green color in the belt and cardigan bring everything together. I kept all other accessories neutral - you can't see them in this photo, but I'm wearing these silver glitter TOMs.

Outfit details: Cardigan: Abercrombie and Fitch / Dress: Gap / Belt: LOFT / Shoes: TOMs

In this photo is my friend Victoria Elizabeth. I love her outfit! The dress, cardigan and belt combination is so great for spring, when it can be chilly in the morning but warm in the afternoon! 

I hope you have a pleasant spring day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment