Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thinking Out of the Box

Hey ladies! I'm going to apologize first for my absence this past week on the blog. I had a period without much inspiration so I didn't write any new posts. Poor Michelle had to keep the blog updated on her own (I'm sorry Michelle!).

Recently I stumbled upon DailyLook.com which is an online store that has daily outfits which you can buy altogether or just purchase separate pieces of the outfit. It's rather expensive, so I haven't actually been buying anything, but getting daily emails with outfit ideas is a great way to inspire new outfits.

I found this outfit called Globe Trotter and knew I had to try it out. It's very earthy with its red and brown hues.



I have a pair of red jeans and a lightweight scarf I've been wanting to try out. Originally, I planned to wear this white collared shirt I found in the back of my closet that I've never worn before, but the morning of school, I put it on and it looked pretty terrible. It was one of those panicked moments when my mentally-pictured outfit doesn't work out and I have a few minutes to fix it. I grabbed my other white shirt which has a black peter pan collar with studs in it and flipped the collar in. It wasn't perfect, but not noticeable.

Crisis averted. Thank goodness for thinking out of the box!


Anyway, I ended up with this:

Sorry for the blurriness! My camera's been acting up lately.

That's it for today! I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break! I had a rather interesting vacation, but I spent most of my time organizing/decorating my room.



Colonial Williamsburg, VA

Shenandoah Park, VA

My spring decorations! Isn't the bird cute? I got the idea from Youtube guru Lifeannstyle.




No comments:

Post a Comment