Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ravenclaw Pride!


Yay for my physics textbook (which I've opened maybe twice this whole year)!


At my school, we have a tradition of "Senior Spirit Days" every Friday towards the end of the school year. Basically, all the seniors who want to participate dress up according to a theme. We've had Crayon Day, Pirates vs. Ninjas vs. Cowboys, and Geek Day.

So, this Friday, as many of my friends and I are huge fans of Harry Potter (like just about every other child born in the 1990s), we dressed up for Hogwarts House Pride Day! Most of us were sorted into houses by Pottermore (a hyped-up website that I obsessed over two years ago), but others just picked their favorite house.

If you couldn't tell already, I'm a Ravenclaw (Woot! Go nerds!)! Ravenclaw colors are meant to be blue and bronze, but I don't own much bronze, so I just went with silver.

I wore my dark blue boyfriend-style cardigan and a blue and white striped tank. Funny story actually, I realized I wore the shirt inside out halfway through the school day (it's still inside out in the picture!), but I just kept it that way because it looked better.

Normally, I'd wear jeans, but since I already had too much blue going on, I decided to wear some khaki-style pants. Unfortunately, these pants did NOT fit well. You can kinda see how baggy they are in the picture.


                                                                        I think I look more hipster than nerd....                                                                           Reminds me of "It feels like a perfect night...to dress up like HIPSTERS!" - Taylor Swift

To top off the nerdy, blue-loving outfit, I added a headband with bow on the top and my most fashionista shoes, sequined flats with spikes! And  to emphasize my bookish nature, I wore these hello kitty frames that my friend bought for me in China. 

Of course, I couldn't not wear my Deathly Hallows earrings. My lovely fellow HP-fan friend in California sent me them for my birthday a few years ago.

On a very quick sidenote, does anyone else remember those Mary-Kate and Ashley movies from a long time ago?



That's all for now!



1 comment:

  1. I like your outfit and Harry Potter pride :) Your inside-out shirt reminded me of something similar that happened to me - I wore my navy and white striped shirt backwards all day once! It must be something about striped shirts...:)

    ReplyDelete