Friday, April 26, 2013

Tie-dye Days


Shirt: American Apparel (Tie-dyed by yours truly) / Jeans: American Eagle / Shoes: TOMs


Today's outfit was inspired by the recent crop top trend. Since I didn't feel like buying a crop top from Forever21 (Senior year is expensive!), I decided to dig through my closet for other options. I found this tie-dye shirt I made last year in my AP Chemistry class.

People usually associate tie-dye with little kids, but like with any trend, if worn in the right way, it can become pretty stylish.

Originally, I had picked a crop top (unlike everyone else who picked those typical free over-sized t-shirts you get at events) to tie-dye so that I would actually want to wear it. I'm a huge fan of surprises and unexpected pairings, so naturally I decided to tie-dye a crop top.

I think the crop-top is definitely a mature trend and pairing it with tie-dye keeps the outfit from becoming too indecent for school or too second-grade.

To keep my stomach covered up, (since school's dress code doesn't allow exposure of the belly) I wore high-waisted jeans from American Eagle.

That's it for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment