Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bright Neon

Cardigan: Forever21, Tank: American Eagle, Shorts: American Eagle, Bandeau: Aerie


Last week, we had some pretty unusually hot weather, hitting the high 70s (almost 80!) degrees Fahrenheit. So, I pulled out my shorts, tanks, and flip flops! I had just bought some new bright bandeaus from aerie and a new tank top from American Eagle, so I threw them together for an outfit that screams summer!

 Although pairing neon with neon and bright with bright can clash, if you pair the right color combinations, the outfit will flow seamlessly.

I paired a neon yellow bandeau with a magenta tank for a color block effect, and then finished off with neon coral shorts which manage to work with the outfit since it's in the same color family as the tank.

A rule of thumb is to keep color blocking to two colors unless you're a major fashionista who can pull it off.


The back of the tank is the focus of the shirt (named "Happy Hour Tank" by AE). Although just wearing it like this would be great for the beach or a warm summer day, school dress code, unfortunately, does not permit it. I ended up throwing my grey cardigan with a lace back over it, so that I could still have a bit of a peek-a-boo effect while not breaking any rules. 


To finish the outfit, I wore a new neon pink braided gold bracelet with a heart locket and painted my nails coral and bright pink in a color block pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment