Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Staples

Lately when I've been planning my outfits, I find myself gravitating toward the same pieces, so I wanted to share those pieces with you. I consider these my Spring staples for this season, but they are all timeless items I am sure I will continue to turn to season after season. 

Floral Blazer
This staple is so easy to work into my wardrobe. Although many of my clothes are in the cool spectrum (blues, greens, and purples) I've found that this blazer pulls together my outfits that are in the warm spectrum (creams, pinks) and adds something special to black pants and dresses. As you can see in the following picture, the multicolored blazer pairs well with light blue. It's the perfect light layer to add to my Spring outfits on those cooler mornings that transform into sunny, warm afternoons. 

Seen on me:


Find it here: SaveSpend or I love this kimono style blazer, Splurge

Boat Shoes
Seen on me: 


Although they have a masculine silhouette, these shoes are surprisingly feminine when paired with classics. Now I've been wearing them with my denim and colored jeans, but I imagine wearing them with cuffed shorts and floral skirts when the weather gets nicer. An added benefit? They're waterproof, so I don't need to worry about getting them wet! They're super comfortable, and I can imagine exploring new places and going on bike rides and picnics wearing them all Spring and Summer. They come in all different colors and styles. I like how mine match almost everything in my closet - the plaid adds a bit of surprise and contrast. 

Find it here: SaveSpend, Splurge

Lace or Crochet Skirt
I bought one of these a few weeks ago at Forever 21 but I haven't gotten to wear it yet since it's still been chilly out, but I can tell that it is going to match so many of my tops. A cream crochet skirt is a great way to dress up T-shirts or dress down a button-up. It's right in between casual and fancy and therefore could go either way. When I wear mine, I'm going to make sure to keep the rest of my outfit simple, so that the skirt and its detailing can take center stage. Any color skirt could work, but I think cream is the most versatile since it can be paired with both cool and warm tones. 

Find it here: Save, Spend (on sale!), Splurge

What about you? What are your favorite Spring staples? Do you find that you keep reaching for the same pieces, or do you change up your wardrobe every day? 

Have a fantastic day! 
Love this! 



1 comment: