Saturday, April 6, 2013

From 2-D to 3-D: Adding More to an Outfit

Blazer: Material Girl, Shirt: Forever21, Jeans: Bebe, Sneaker Wedges: Material Girl

Sometimes, the best outfits are the outfits that draw from a variety of styles and a variety of influences (Same goes for everything in life!). In this outfit, I paired my graphic tee with sneaker wedges and ripped jeans for a slightly grungy, street-fashion look. This is as tough as a 5-ft tall person can get!

I've actually been wanting sneaker wedges for so long now. They're one of the few high heel shoes I can wear to high school without being judged. The sneaker wedges have studs on the side and a metallic heel. 


I have an obsession with studs on shoes!

 At this point, the outfit is two-dimensional and flat (sort of like an AP Lit/Lang essay that receives a score of 5). Nice to look at, but that's it. 

Adding the sleek black blazer with sharp shoulders and tux-inspired sleeves brings the outfit to the third dimension. It adds interest so that people might take a second look when you walk by them. Now the outfit's equivalent to an 8 essay in AP Lit or Lang (That's almost a full score!).

 Now if you want a 9 essay (full score), add some jewelry and accessories!

Okay, I'm done with the school references for now. Clearly, my English teacher is getting into my head.

Bye for now!




1 comment:

  1. love the outfit (and the lit references)! Texture definitely takes an outfit to the next level :) Great styling!

    ReplyDelete