Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Don't Be Afraid

This outfit was a bit more daring for me. I remember planning it out and asking myself: is this going to work? Should I go with a more neutral shirt? What color boots should I wear? Looking at these pictures, I think the choices were bold, but worked well. I tried the colorblocking trend with two of my favorite colors and mixed in my handmade necklace - I can tell it's going to become a staple!


Outfit details: Blouse: Mine via TJMaxx / Jeans: American Eagle / Boots: Nine West / Necklace: Handmade



In my first post about this necklace, I wore it short by knotting it in the back. This time, I'm letting it hang to its full length. It matches my shirt pretty well! 





It brought a smile to my face to look at my bright-colored outfit :) Does your outfit influence your mood sometimes too? Like Xuewei mentioned, a lot of times you need confidence to pull something off. Although this was more bold than my usual look, I liked it - and I felt good wearing the blue and aqua. I think it all comes down to whether or not you feel good wearing your clothes. I'll remember that for the future - and I'm definitely excited to incorporating brights into my outfits in the Spring. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment