Friday, March 8, 2013

Sparkle and Shine

In this post I'll be featuring my new handmade necklace! I love how it added a little color to my otherwise neutral outfit. I had been wanting to get a statement necklace in my favorite color family - blue - for a while, but I never saw any in stores that I thought I would actually wear. Enter an oversized blue bracelet. I wish I took before and after and process photos, but sadly, all I have is this final photo of the necklace. Since the chain is relatively chunky, I can knot it to adjust it. It's actually longer, about 30 inches long, but in this picture, it appears to be about 20 inches long.


The way I made it was pretty simple. I took a bracelet on stretchy string made of sapphire beads with rhinestone spacers. Originally this bracelet was too large for me (I have small wrists) so I had shortened it and restrung it with clear stretchy string. But I generally don't wear bracelets, so this pretty blue bracelet never was worn. I decided to cut the bracelet, remove a few beads, and tie the clear string onto the two ends of a necklace chain. I removed the clasp from the chain beforehand. This chain came from a necklace that I repurposed as well - originally it was one of those fun fair prizes and came with an odd pendant on it - I removed the pendant, and kept the chain but never used it! I'm glad this new necklace allows me to take two things I never used and make something useful :)

Next time I do a DIY project I'll make sure to take step-by-step photos! 

Now onto the outfit...This outfit was simple and sweet. 

Outfit details: Top: One Clothing via TJMaxx / Tank top (worn underneath): American Eagle / Jeans: American Eagle / Belt: Store in China / Boots: Luxury Rebel / Necklace: Handmade / Earrings: Gifted 

Here's another shot of the necklace! 

And lastly, a curtsy for you :) Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment