Friday, March 22, 2013

Mixing Prints

For the past three weeks, I've been suffering from itchy and red eyes and a runny nose. A few days ago, my mom introduced me to my new best friend: Allergy medicine! Now that my symptoms are alleviated, I've been feeling so much better. These photos were taken on a day when I had, unfortunately, not started taking the allergy medicine. That also is one explanation for why I usually am not wearing makeup in my photos. I don't like to wear makeup when my eyes hurt, but I think the allergy medicine might change things up a bit! 


Outfit details: Blazer: Lush via Nordstrom / Shirt: Gap / Jeans: American Eagle / Boat shoes: Sperry / Necklace: Forever 21 / Earrings: Anthropologie 



For someone who loves nature as much as I do, being able to deal with my allergies is such a relief. 

Now onto the style theory behind this...I've wanted to wear this floral blazer with something striped for a while, but I've always been wary of mixing prints. I finally decided to give it a try and I like how it turned out. I think having this blog has made me more adventurous in my outfit choices :) I kept the shoes and jeans neutral so my outfit would not be a visual overload. These are one of my favorite pairs of jeans - super comfortable and I like the flare style! It goes with my more bohemian, casual side. 

Hope you're having a fantastic day! Here's a quote for your day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment