Monday, March 25, 2013

Remixing - Same but Different

In this post, I'll be talking about the art of remixing, so amazingly mastered by Kendi! I would like to be better at reworking the clothes in my own closet. This outfit is one of my first experiments in remixing an old outfit with some different pieces. 

Here's the original outfit (post here)

And here's the remixed outfit: 

Haha! Posed the same way too :) 

Outfit details: Shirt: LOFT / Tank: Aeropostale / Pants: Gap / Belt: LOFT / Boots: Nine West / Scarf: Vintage (mom's) / Earrings: Jewelry store in Venice, Italy

This time, I tied the scarf in a different way. This way shows more of its colors - it's really got all the colors of the rainbow! 

Hair: Clipped back with a medium-sized clip


I chose these earrings to match my scarf. They're iridescent glass earrings that shine in rainbow colors. I used to wear these more often, but I find that my crystal posts match more. Maybe I'll wear these earrings more in the spring with bright colors, though! 

I like how this outfit allowed me to stretch my closet more and combine different colors. When I bought these blue velvet pants, I never thought I would wear them this way. I think it's great to try new things and I am definitely looking forward to unexpected yet stylish combinations in the next few seasons. 

I hope you're having an amazing day, and I wanted to share this quote with you. I feel like it defines a lot of what I believe about true beauty. 
Image from laurenconrad.com via Pinterest 

When you feel good about yourself, you shine from the inside out!




No comments:

Post a Comment