Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fashion Design

I've always wished that I had the creativity and eye for fashion design. When I was younger, I used to keep a notebook for sketches of outfits and dresses that I would dream up. I named the line "The Azura Series." I don't really draw anymore though, but recently, I came upon a picture on Pinterest (the best website ever) that gave me a glimpse into the world of fashion design and inspiration.


These gorgeous tulips, somehow, instantly reminded me of the bottom of a beautiful dress. In my mind, I could see the gently folded layers that had a slight ombre effect. Even the little dew drops could be incorporated into the design.
Anyway, I haven't had one of those fashion design moments in a long time and just decided to share. Tell me I'm not the only one who experiences this sometimes?


1 comment:

  1. I totally feel that way sometimes! Like I mentioned with my jewelry post, I really feel at ease when I'm creating something or dreaming up a piece of jewelry. It's that combination of being able to visualize what you have in mind and the fantasy of doing it that makes it so exciting. I always say never rule out your dreams. So I think you should doodle some designs in your spare time - and maybe like me learn how to sew this summer P: - and maybe your designs will be realized one day :)

    ReplyDelete