Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fairytale Dress

Last week my school had its Senior Fashion Show, a fundraiser in which the seniors dress up in clothes borrowed from local stores and hit the runway to model them. It was a lot of fun to participate in, and the best part was that I got to wear this gorgeous blue prom dress. Although it was completely impractical (the tulle skirt took up about the space of 4 people and kept getting caught in my heels) for a few minutes, I felt like a modern princess. I did my hair and makeup myself :) 
Here's the dress! It was made by Jovani and was from the store Gatinolli. My earrings are from a mall kiosk. Below are a few photos taken while I was on the school auditorium stage. 



And here's a shot of my hair. I made loose curls all over with a 1 inch curling wand, clipping it back and French braiding until the nape of my neck, where I clipped the remainder of my hair together. If you notice, this is the same day that my "Remixing - Same but Different" outfit is from. 



As I search for prom dresses, I think I want to wear something that is the same color as this dress but more practical. I really liked the beading and the sweetheart neckline too! I find that it's easier to shop for something when you don't have an idealistic, perfectionist image in your mind, so I'll remember to keep an open mind. But I don't want to settle for less than what I really want! What about you? Are you shopping for your prom dress with an idea in your mind of what you want, or are you just seeing where your search takes you? Whatever your strategy is, I wish you luck in your search, and I hope you can find a dress that makes you feel like a princess! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment