Sunday, March 10, 2013

Easing into Spring

As the temperature slowly inches its way up, my wardrobe starts to shift. It's time to lose the bulky layers and grab those pretty spring colors!


Outfit #1
Blouse: Charlotte Russe, Cardigan: Forever21, Floral Jeans: American Eagle, Boots: American Rag, Headband: Forever21
Here's an outfit I wore this week to school. Since it's warmer, I layered a light, drapy cardigan with a sleeveless, black blouse. Although you can't tell in the picture, the blouse has a sequined collar to break up the monotony of black fabric. Overall, I tried to keep the focus of my outfit at my floral jeans, which are perfect for spring. I finished the outfit with my favorite pair of lace-up combat boots (so comfy!) and a floral headband for a boho look. Thanks to the NJ HSPAs (a test that juniors have to take in order to graduate), the other grades had three delayed openings which meant that I had time to curl my hair!



Outfit #2

I wore this outfit for a fun trip to NYC with my friends. I recently bought this striped 3/4 sleeve shirt from Forever21 last week. I've been looking for this basic closet staple for the longest time, but I just haven't been able to find the perfect one. I paired the striped shirt with a classic black blazer. I love the slightly shiny material where the sleeves are folded up. It makes the blazer less business and more glam. To spice up the simple outfit, I added a bright pop of color as a tribute to spring. The bright pink necklace is one of my favorite statement pieces. I kept the rest of the outfit simple with jeans and black boots.

Striped Shirt: Forever21, Necklace: Forever21, Jeggings: Hollister, Boots: Jessica Simpson

Love the pretty detailing, and unexpected pop of color!

That's all for now! Hope all of you are enjoying the start of spring as much as I am!



1 comment:

  1. Love the outfits! You look glamorous and comfortable, my favorite combination :) I've been looking for a striped shirt like that too, I might just have to peek in Forever 21 next time!

    ReplyDelete