Monday, March 4, 2013

Wishing for Spring

I wore this outfit last week when I was wishing wistfully for Spring to arrive. Although the pretty snowflakes and snow-covered streets of winter are lovely, I always find myself looking forward to warmer weather, skirts, and sun around the beginning of March. This outfit and all its bright colors was my way of telling Spring to come a little sooner :) 


Outfit details: Shirt: Ann Taylor LOFT / Jeans: Gap / Boots: Nine West / Belt: Ann Taylor LOFT / Scarf: Vintage / Earrings: Anthropologie 

This scarf was not a vintage flea market find - it used to be my mom's! I have never worn it but I decided to wear it with the jeans and the belt because the colors matched well. Like my last outfit, there was color coordination without going overboard. The colors were light and vibrant, but my boots made it winter-appropriate. 


Hairstyle: 2 inch sections braided on each side, clipped back with a small black clip. My friend pointed out to me that the way I clipped it made the different strands of the braid separate nicely - that was completely unintentional, but really interesting! I usually like to wear my hair half-up half-down: it keeps my hair out of my face, and it also balances out my face shape. A lot of times I read magazines that offer tips on what kind of clothes or hairstyles to wear, but I usually need to try things out first. It's all about understanding how something works with your own proportions. 

I've got my fingers crossed for better weather in the next few weeks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment