Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Signature Scent

J'adore Dior - Eau de Parfum
       At the beginning of the school year, for some reason, I suddenly decided that it was time to discover my signature scent. I used to only use body sprays from Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works, but I figured I was old enough to have a signature perfume.
      I actually didn't spend much time testing out various perfumes, however. I have a lot of samples from Sephora, like Daisy by Marc Jacobs (very floral scent, hence the name "Daisy), Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift (sweet vanilla scent), Oh Lola by Marc Jacobs (fruity and juicy), all of which smelled lovely, but none clicked. I did have a slight obsession with Oh Lola though. I find that I'm more of a fruity, playful scent kind of person. Florals and warm vanillas didn't really suit me.
       One fateful day, my mom brought home several perfume samples from Macy's and I instantly fell in love with one of them. Honestly, I just couldn't stop sniffing it. It had a perfect combination of floral and fruit, yet it also had that classic note like Chanel No. 5. It was so sweet and addictive. Later I discovered that it was J'adore by Dior. It's a pretty pricey perfume, so I ended up getting a bottle as a birthday present from my mom. I got the Purse Spray version since it had better value for the amount I was getting. But I've been wearing it nearly every day since! When I spray on the classic perfume, I just instantly feel ready to go out. I usually spritz myself twice, once on each side of my neck. Sometimes, I'll dab the excess of my neck with my wrists.

Link to the one I bought:
http://www.dior.com/beauty/usa/en/women_fragrance_and_men_fragrance_by_christian_dio/women-fragrance/jadore/y0815600/py0815600-cjadorefpl.html

       I still have quite a lot of perfume samples left though and I'm trying to use them up (it's nice to have a change once in a while). Another perfume I've discovered that I really like is Versace's Bright Crystal. I highly recommend both these perfumes.

 I'm always open to new perfumes though, so let me know what your signature scent is!

No comments:

Post a Comment